Aerospace software development engineer
Developing software to support the aerospace industry.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- academic qualifications of 240 UCAS points or above at A level standard (or equivalent)
- must include maths plus at least 1 other science, technology or engineering subject
- 5 GCSEs at grades A to C, including maths, English and double science (or an equivalent qualification)
- What apprentices will learn
- the fundamentals of software engineering
- configuration management and software build processes
- how to develop and apply algorithms
- application of engineering operations and toolsets
- engineering mathematics
- systems engineering
- modelling and simulation software
- how to interpret engineering data
- business improvement techniques
Apprentices will achieve:
- a level 4 aerospace software engineering (development competence)
- a level 5 aerospace software engineering (development technical knowledge)
- an employer stipulated level 6 Bachelor Honours degree (BSc) Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Completion of the apprenticeship has been designed to be recognized by relevant professional engineering institutions at the appropriate level of registration (IEng).
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.