Marina and Boatyard Operative
Carrying out a variety of roles such as moving, mooring, repairing and cleaning boats.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £10,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- knowledge of how boatyards and marinas operate
- safe working techniques
- how to move and secure boats
- record keeping
- how to use specialist equipment and tools
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices will need to have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.