Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Servicing and repairing light vehicles such as cars and vans, working on all the systems found in the vehicle.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £18,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- the basics of vehicle technologies and emerging technologies
- types and characteristics of light vehicles
- diagnostic principles and logical problem-solving techniques
- basic tasks common to all procedures
- how to maintain a safe and efficient workshop
- using specialist equipment
- servicing and maintaining a vehicle without supervision
- investigating vehicle faults and identifying causes
- removing, repairing and replacing parts in line with manufacturer's standards
Apprentices must get a qualification that meets the EU's 2014 F-gas regulation.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
|City and Guilds||0844 543 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pearson Education Limited||07786 email@example.com|
|The Institute of the Motor Industry||01992 511 521||IMITrailblazers@theimi.org.uk|