Giving clients advice on appropriate mortgages and related protection products such as life insurance or sickness and unemployment insurance.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- structure of the financial services industry and their role within it
- financial services legal and regulatory requirements
- purpose and technical content of financial products that they provide advice on
- systems and processes needed to carry out their role
- customer service and relationships
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (Institute of Financial Services)
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice (Chartered Insurance Institute)
- Mortgage Advice and Practice Certificate (Chartered Banker Institute)
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Successful apprentices will be able to register with the professional organisation that awards their qualification.