Land-based service engineering technician
Providing advanced technical support and guidance across a diverse range of plant and equipment in sectors such as agriculture, horticulture, forestry and outdoor power.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £21,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have:
- 4 GCSEs at grade C (or equivalent), including English, maths and a science
- a basic understanding of information and communication technology (ICT)
- What apprentices will learn
- environmental, safe working and legal requirements
- use of specialist tools and equipment
- thermally and chemically joining metals and components
- advanced technical and engineering principles of land-based engineering machinery, plant and equipment
- service, maintenance and repair principles and practices for complex machinery, plant and equipment
- accessing, interpreting and applying technical data
- diagnosing faults and verifying machinery
Apprentices will achieve:
- Level 3 Diploma in Land-based Engineering
- Certificate in Emergency First Aid
- Certificate in Abrasive Wheels
- Certificate in Fork Lift Truck Handling Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
Successful apprentices will be able to register with the Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) as an engineering technician (Eng Tech).
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.