Bespoke tailor and cutter
Producing tailored clothes that are cut and made to a unique pattern for an individual.
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- selecting, using and storing equipment and materials, buying materials and stock control
- making efficient and effective use of resources, time and materials
- preparing materials and trimmings
- identifying and using specific branded cloths
- recognising faults in cloth and trimming
- tailor specialism: garment construction, finishing and pressing
- cutter specialism: preparation of garment parts, identifying and responding to customer requirements
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.