Public sector commercial professional
Supporting the transformation of the way public services are delivered while securing best value for taxpayers' money.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- the context of procurement, including the commercial lifecycle and the difference between private and public sector procurement
- pre-procurement and early market engagement
- sourcing and contract agreements
- contract and supplier management
- category management
- Chartered Institute for Procurement and Supply Diploma in Procurement and Supply Operations (CIPS level 4)
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
On completion of CIPS lLevel 4 candidates are eligible for diploma level membership of CIPS.