Aviation ground operative
Working in a specialist role supporting the safe arrival, turnaround and departure of aircraft at airports, military bases, heliports and other airfields.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- moving, loading, unloading and servicing a range of aircraft
- using key aviation systems in line with organisational procedures
- aviation security procedures and systems and dealing with emergencies
- identifying, handling and dealing with dangerous goods
- about air traffic control (ATC) and passenger service operations and control processes
- specialist aircraft handling, aircraft movement, fire fighting, flight operation or passenger service skills
- health and safety practices and legal requirements within an aviation environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.