Hospitality team member
Carrying out a range of general and specialist roles within hospitality businesses, including bars, cafes, conference centres, restaurants and hotels.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- customer service principles, including customer satisfaction and meeting expectations
- business knowledge such as achieving targets, handling payments and stock, and unique selling points
- communicating with customers
- personal conduct
- team working, including leadership and supporting team members
- specialist skills: alcoholic drinks, barista, concierge and guest, conference and events, food and drink, food production, house-keeping, reception or reservations
- health and safety law, standards and regulations relevant to hospitality
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Babcock Assessments Ltd 0800 077 8738 firstname.lastname@example.org NOCN 0114 227 0500 email@example.com BIIAB 01276 684449 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited 07711 390 910 email@example.com Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 firstname.lastname@example.org Hygiene Sue Assessment 01892 524957 email@example.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org NCFE/CACHE 0191 239 8000 email@example.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org iCQ 07984 201555 email@example.com Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 firstname.lastname@example.org Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.