THE OPEN UNIVERSITY
About this provider
For nearly 50 years, The Open University has led the way in part-time education, developing workplace learning and development solutions for employers, as well as individuals.
Specialising in high quality learning materials, based on rigorous research and industry insight, the OU combines academic excellence with technological expertise to deliver flexible, engaging and results-driven learning.
The OUs reach enables learning to be delivered consistently at scale, across multiple locations, using an online delivery model and advanced learning analytics.
This, coupled with a blended learning approach, is how the OU is able to deliver learning that is responsive to both organisational and staff needs.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 25 out of 57 reviews
- Good 28 out of 57 reviews
- Poor 4 out of 57 reviews
- Very poor 0 out of 57 reviews
- Communication with employers (26)
- Getting new apprentices started (26)
- Providing the right training at the right time (21)
- Improving apprentice skills (18)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (15)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (15)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (14)
- Adapting to my needs (4)
- Training facilities (1)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (18)
- Communication with employers (13)
- Adapting to my needs (10)
- Training facilities (5)
- Getting new apprentices started (4)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (1)
- Providing the right training at the right time (1)
7 Apprenticeships offered
|Chartered manager degree apprenticeship||Standard||6||Details|
|Digital and technology solutions professional||Standard||6||Details|
|Healthcare assistant practitioner||Standard||5||Details|
|Laboratory Scientist (degree)||Standard||6||Details|
|Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship||Standard||7||Details|
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)